At Graydin, we believe that truly motivated and inspired action comes from clarity in hearts and minds. Too often you may find yourself agreeing to take action when you are not fully committed. Whether big or small, a step that is clearly articulated and linked with what’s most important to you, is a step you will take.
Taking action, or what we call ‘Step’, is the third and final stage of our Start With Heart Model. This is the stage of responsibility and accountability: when a person expresses what they will do, by when, and how they will be held accountable.
Regardless of whether the person experiences a pivotal ‘aha!’ moment or simply feels satisfied in his or her efforts, this is when growth and change become a reality.
The success of this stage is entirely dependent on the previous stages. The clearer a person is on their Heart and Head, the more likely they are to commit to and follow through with a Step that is important to them.
HERE ARE EXAMPLES OF STEP QUESTIONS:
- What’s next?
- What do you want to do?
- What’s the step you are committed to taking?
- What will you do? When will you do it by? Who will you let know and how?
- How will you hold yourself accountable?
- On a scale of 1–10, how committed are you to making change?
- As a result of doing _________, what are you saying yes to?
- As a result of doing _________, what are you saying no to?
- What does taking this action mean to your growth?
- What’s the progress you want to make by taking this step?
WHAT IF YOUR NEXT STEP WAS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE WORK WE DO AND ITS IMPACT?
- Watch a short video showing the value of coaching and embedding Graydin’s model in school life.
- Take a sneak peek at our coaching model, the Start With Heart Model.
- Read case studies from a number of schools we have worked with.
To jump straight into action, you are invited to join The Anatomy: Foundational Coaching Course for Senior Leaders. This two-day coaching training course will give you the opportunity to learn and practice coaching in the company of senior leaders from schools across the UK. Find out more using the link on the right.
We hope you’ve enjoyed receiving our cards, and that this has been a fun and rewarding experience for you.
We look forward to learning about you and your school and we hope to speak with you soon.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us directly. Email email@example.com or phone 0781 696 8973.